Here comes Mercury Retrograde, and this one’s going to be a doozy. Not to worry, I’ve got your back. In the next few paragraphs you’ll find your Mercury Retrograde Survival Guide and a list of Do’s & Don’ts to get you though this solar setback.
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly:
Let’s get the details out of the way, this year has FOUR (instead of the usual three Mercury Retrogrades) due to this one starting so early in January. They are all in the Earth Signs: Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo & back to Capricorn. This one will start out in Aquarius for a couple days before moving into Capricorn. It occurs on January 5th, 1* Aquarius, 8:06amEST/5:06amPST then goes Direct on January 25th at 14* Capricorn 4:50pmEST/1:50pmPST.
Since this Retrograde starts so early in 2016 we want to reflect on the past reassessing what needs to change as we move forward into 2016. This will be dependent on which areas of your life it hits for the corresponding signs. (link later on in the article) This Retrograde starts off squaring Mars, then ends up conjuncting with Pluto squaring Uranus nearing its final days. Be careful of aggression, power plays, struggles and upsetting the apple-cart.
DON’TS: (let’s get these out of the way)
- don’t install new software, or decide to completely overhaul your computer (you’re not the Geek Squad) & even if you are, this is NOT the time to do it
- watch your words, this is the time when people tend to “open mouth, insert foot, or whole leg” and for God’s sake; don’t drunk text or FB after doing shots of Tequila, it’s bad enough when we do it without the Retrograde
- double check, triple check, all documents, emails, posts, and appointments, you don’t want to end up in Tijuana, when your friend said Topanga, or if you’re in Ohio, same thing you don’t want to end up stranded in Kinsman when you’re friend is waiting for you in Kirkland
- don’t sign any important contracts or start a new job
- hold off signing on the dotted line for that new house or your new Lincoln
- planes, trains, & automobiles; if at all possible hold off travel, if you must, triple check everything; be extra careful with keys, batteries, tires
- HOLD OFF on trying new daring adventures at this time, if you’ve never climbed Mt. Everest this isn’t the time to decide you’re going to make a name for yourself, (unless you want the headlines to read “first time climber found missing in avalanche)…also don’t throw yourself in front of a train just to prove it’s not your “time” to go, (that’s just called ‘dumb-ass’)
- reassess, redo, relax, rejuvenate, redesign, rethink, reapply, reflect,
- reconnect with old friends from the past, and don’t be surprised if an ex-lover shows up at your door, this is meant for a reason so healing can happen and then the two of you can move forward, (or get back together) however I feel it’s the former
- reorganize your closets, your files
- rewrite that novel you started months ago
- revisit that project you abandoned (I have a few of those)
- something hidden is revealed, be open and aware
- If you have a “history” with something then it’s OK to sign the deal on a house you have a history with (you put a bid on it months ago, you babysat the neighbors kids in that house, etc.)
- if you’re old boss (whom you liked) is at a new company & offers you a job
- if you’re in sales, cars, real estate etc. look up former clients you have an established “history” with
- you started building a website & put quite a bit of work into it, then let it sit for months
I’m also moving forward into the New Year with a new bag of tricks. As my Ohioan friends know I did Angel Readings the last few years I was in Cleveland. In a few weeks I will officially be a certified Doreen Virtue angel card reader. I’ve chosen to combine my extensive (45+ years) knowledge of Astrology with my intuitive gifts as well bridging them with my metaphysical teachings. The January Starr Scopes will reflect this, and will be out later today or tomorrow.
If anything I have to say helps, inspires or empowers you feel free to drop a coin in the Angel Wings above…
Blessings and Much Gratitude to You,