Here comes Mercury Retrograde, and this one’s going to be a doozy. Not to worry, I’ve got your back. In the next few paragraphs you’ll find your Mercury Retrograde Survival Guide and a list of Do’s & Don’ts to get you though this solar setback.
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly:
Let’s get the details out of the way, this year had (counting this one coming up) FOUR (instead of the usual three Mercury Retrogrades) due to the first one starting so early in January. They are all in the Earth Signs: Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo & back to Capricorn. The fourth Mercury Retrograde Cycle of 2016 occurs in Capricorn (15o 08″) on December 19 at 5:56 am Eastern Time and 2:56 am Pacific Time. Mercury goes direct in Sagittarius (28o 51″) on January 8, 2017 at 4:43 am Eastern Time, 1:43 am Pacific Time.
Since this Retrograde joins us in wrapping up 2016 (before moving into 2017) we want to reflect on the past year reassessing what needs to change as we move forward into 2017. This will be dependent on which areas of your life it hits for the corresponding signs. (link later on in the article) This Retrograde ends up conjuncting with Pluto squaring Uranus nearing its final days. Be careful of aggression, power plays, struggles and upsetting the apple-cart.
The Mercury-Pluto conjunction will definitely bring an added intensity to your thinking and how you communicate. Since Pluto rules Scorpio get out your Sherlock Holmes hat, and magnifying glass out from under the dust, as you unlock the skeletons buried deep in your subconscious. This Mercury Retrograde is advantageous in discovering the secrets of your Soul. There is no better time to reflect on what’s been troubling you and for getting to the bottom of what’s been laying dormant, shining the flashlight on the deep caves of your psyche.
For those of you with a penchant for Astrology, the occult, or anything in the esoteric realm, go for it. Dig, research, and study, and while you’re at it, take a shot at contacting your loved ones who have crossed over, (or call someone who can assist you). This Retrograde lends an extra oomph to all things Plutonian in nature.
Before we move onto the Mercury Retrograde Survival Guide remember I warned you a few weeks ago that Mercury Retrograde was headed this way & to get your Christmas shopping done BEFORE the Retrograde hit town. Those of you who heeded my message, give yourself a pat on the back. The rest of you, there’s still time, but not much. Good Luck to you.
DON’TS: (let’s get these out of the way)
- don’t install new software, or decide to completely overhaul your computer (you’re not the Geek Squad) & even if you are, this is NOT the time to do it
- watch your words, this is the time when people tend to “open mouth, insert foot, or whole leg” and for God’s sake; don’t drunk text or FB after doing shots of Tequila, it’s bad enough when we do it without the Retrograde
- double check, triple check, all documents, emails, posts, and appointments, you don’t want to end up in Tijuana, when your friend said Topanga, or if you’re in Ohio, same thing you don’t want to end up stranded in Kinsman when you’re friend is waiting for you in Kirkland
- don’t sign any important contracts or start a new job
- hold off signing on the dotted line for that new house or your new Lincoln
- planes, trains, & automobiles; if at all possible hold off travel, if you must, triple check everything; be extra careful with keys, batteries, tires
- HOLD OFF on trying new daring adventures at this time, if you’ve never climbed Mt. Everest this isn’t the time to decide you’re going to make a name for yourself, (unless you want the headlines to read “first time climber found missing in avalanche)…also don’t throw yourself in front of a train just to prove it’s not your “time” to go, (that’s just called ‘dumb-ass’)
- reassess, redo, relax, rejuvenate, redesign, rethink, reapply, reflect,
- reconnect with old friends from the past, and don’t be surprised if an ex-lover shows up at your door, this is meant for a reason so healing can happen and then the two of you can move forward, (or get back together) however I feel it’s the former
- reorganize your closets, your files
- rewrite that novel you started months ago
- revisit that project you abandoned (I have a few of those)
- something hidden is revealed, be open and aware
- If you have a “history” with something then it’s OK to sign the deal on a house you have a history with (you put a bid on it months ago, you babysat the neighbors kids in that house, etc.)
- if you’re old boss (whom you liked) is at a new company & offers you a job
- if you’re in sales, cars, real estate etc. look up former clients you have an established “history” with
- you started building a website & put quite a bit of work into it, then let it sit for months
Mercury Retrograde Through the Signs (click here)
I’m also moving forward into the New Year with a new bag of tricks. As my Ohioan friends know I did Angel Readings the last few years I was in Cleveland. Since being in Cali, I am now a certified Doreen Virtue angel card reader. I’ve chosen to combine my extensive (45+ years) knowledge of Astrology with my intuitive gifts as well bridging them with my metaphysical teachings. The January Starr Scopes will reflect this, and will be out later this month. I will be scheduling for Angel Readings and Angel Parties, please call (440-930-8865) or email me to schedule your next reading or party.
If anything I have to say helps, inspires or empowers you feel free to drop a coin in the Angel Wings above or the donate button at the bottom of this blog…
Blessings and Much Gratitude to You,
Eva Starr & Ziggy Starrdust,